How this site is organized
Here you will find important information about ASME BPVC, such as the help and the contact sections of the online service. You can find standards by using the "Search" function. You can also access the restricted area of the online service by using the login and register functions in order to see the included documents.
- House symbol: Use this to return to the home page.
- About ASME BPVC Online: A short introduction to ASME BPVC
- ASME BPVC 2015, ASMEBPVC 2013: List of documents ot this online service.
Enter your search term in the top navigation bar and click on "Search".
The wildcard (*) is a free variable parameter for following letters or signs.
It can stand for one or more characters. For instance, entering the search term "cold-roll*" will bring up results for "cold-rolled" as well as for "cold-rolling".
Inside the search field you can also enter operators to connect search keywords.
- And-conncection: AND or space
Both search terms have to exist in the bibliographical data.
- Or-connection: OR or pipe sign (|)
One of both search terms has to exist in the bibliographical data.
The results of your inquiry appear as a quick overview (standards number, title, page reference), listed by relevance (in %).
If you are a registered user, you will get to the full text mode by using the adjoined button. If you are not logged in/registered the system will tell you to do so.
To see a standard in full-text mode
Use the button (pdf) to open the standard you want.
The number of the standard and the page number will be shown at the top.
To optimize your inquiry, click on "Advanced search" in the horizontal navigation bar. The following fields are available during the optimization of your search:
- Hits per page: Display of 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 articles per page.
- Phrase-search: Enter an optional number of terms using the wildcard or space or enter a full phrase
- Document number: If you know the document number, enter it here
- Publication date: Enter publication date.
Existing matches to your inquiry will be displayed in the search result.